lessons in parking - part 1

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

kevster
Married to the DDK

lessons in parking - part 1

Post by kevster »

Or to put it another way - who the *@#% drove in to the side of my car and 'forgot' to tell anyone?

Happened a couple of weeks ago at work in a small car park which happened to not be covered by CCTV...

Judging by the length of the scrape which starts at the rear arch where there is a nick out of the paint they must have known what they had done unless they were completely blind or driving a big van...

Its not worth claiming on insurance as my excess and the following years of increased policy are not worth it. Its creased the panel at the top so not a push out job.

What it has forced me to do is get some quotes for doing the whole car as its getting a bit tired around the arches and in all the usual 914 places so if anyone knows a car sprayer/bodywork person around the brighton area or not too far please give me a shout.

I can only afford to get the outside done so not looking to do the boots, inside the doors etc. I did get one quote that came out at 4.6k but way off my budget and more than I paid for the car.

Thx in advance for any advice :)
'74 silver 914 2.0 US import
'91 944 S2 cab
renault scenic dci
trek Y22 OCLV FS
GT dyno deuce cruiser
sarasota cruiser
not enough toys - too little time...
defianty
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by defianty »

It does make me livid that people do this. I watched out of my office window last week a guy getting out of his truck a smashing his door against another car several times whilst getting out, and again whilst reaching in to get something. Just didn't give a s*&t. That was until I told the person who's car he'd hit. Teach him!
Stephen

1973 914 3.0 GT Build Progress
1974 TR6

914 Rear Alignment Shims
DIRKBROWNFINGER
DDK forever

Re: lessons in parking - part 1

Post by DIRKBROWNFINGER »

kevster wrote:Or to put it another way - who the *@#% drove in to the side of my car and 'forgot' to tell anyone?

Happened a couple of weeks ago at work in a small car park which happened to not be covered by CCTV...

Judging by the length of the scrape which starts at the rear arch where there is a nick out of the paint they must have known what they had done unless they were completely blind or driving a big van...

Its not worth claiming on insurance as my excess and the following years of increased policy are not worth it. Its creased the panel at the top so not a push out job.

What it has forced me to do is get some quotes for doing the whole car as its getting a bit tired around the arches and in all the usual 914 places so if anyone knows a car sprayer/bodywork person around the brighton area or not too far please give me a shout.

I can only afford to get the outside done so not looking to do the boots, inside the doors etc. I did get one quote that came out at 4.6k but way off my budget and more than I paid for the car.

Thx in advance for any advice :)
Give this guy a try he did a back wing on my silver Merc, nice job and good colour match for 200 quid. Out burgess hill way by the name of Mick 07971 351822. You are welcome to come and have a look at the wing.

Dirk.
DIRK BROWNFINGER.
1970 911 S TARGA LHD.
kevster
Married to the DDK

Post by kevster »

Thanks Dirk - will give him a try...
'91 944 S2 cab
renault scenic dci
trek Y22 OCLV FS
GT dyno deuce cruiser
sarasota cruiser
Robster
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Robster »

Kev,

that is a total nightmare - I hope you get it sorted. I always have the fear when parking up the 914. I had to pop in to a tesco some months back. Chose a part of the car park with no car for at least 15 bays each way. Got back to car and someone had parked right next to it! What is it with people.
Porsche 914-6 (2.4E on Webers)
kevster
Married to the DDK

Post by kevster »

One of the dangers of driving a classic as the daily car I guess - dont really have a choice at the moment but at the same time its great to drive every day and very reliable to boot. No electronics or complicated stuff to go wrong!
'91 944 S2 cab
renault scenic dci
trek Y22 OCLV FS
GT dyno deuce cruiser
sarasota cruiser