lessons in parking - part 2

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

moggy
DDK rules my life!

lessons in parking - part 2

Post by moggy »

Really weird there's another thread on this subject today, must be a bank holiday thang.

Anywayz.... decided to take the bug out for a spin today to the coast and back. Had a great time, cruising along in traffic then just feathering the throttle and overtaking cars at a time. Now I know these roads around here like the back of my hand (i.e. Mid Wales) and I could see 3 cars up was a Nissan GTR Skyline thingy (I think that's what it's called... it's the new Nissan supercar thing anyway :P ). I thought... ooh if only I could get behind it before I got to the roundabout I could blast past it in a blaze of glory :lol: , and as if by magic all 3 cars turned off at the roundabout leaving me behind the skyline which was itself behind a van. Carrying the momentum out of the roundabout I decided to go for it (and prayed he wasn't one of these d**ks that cas he's in a supercar doesn't bother to look before overtaking because he thinks there's no-one quicker than him on the road). In a blink I was past him and the van in a thunderous roar of 3" exhaust and supercharged whine :lol: 8) I could see in my mirror he was having none of it and overtook the van as soon as I was past him. I would have payed alot of money to be sitting in that passenger seat to hear what he had to say as he saw this beetle pulling away from him even though he was gunning it too. and within a blink of an eye it was all over I was doing well into 3 figures with a corner fast approaching (which in a '68 beetle with standard discs on the front and questionable cornering characteristics I braked well early, also doing more than :evil: mph in that thing gets real hairy) He took the opportunity to redeem his manhood and storm past me never to be seen again, but by that time it was too late. He'd been well and truly pi**ed on by a lowly old 1968 Beetle in his computer controlled muchos £££ super-gizmo, he wasn't to know it had a +200bhp supercharged monster sitting in the back and if I met him I certainly wouldn't tell him either :lol:

Anyway... that was the good part of the day (on the way to the coast). Had a lovely day when I got there too (weather bit cold though). Got back and decied to give it a wash, it was then I noticed this

Looks like some moron that was parked in front of me forgot he/she had a tow hook on and reversed into the front of me when exiting their parking space :evil: They must of known they did it :roll:

Anywayz... it's not the first time some anonomous tw*t has done this to the bug but I'm passed getting mad about this kind of thing nowadays, especially when the rest of the car looks like this (sorry but couldn't resist to take some pics of the car while my mate was around with his digi camera - believe it or not but I've never owned a camera and still don't :cry: )

Also - quick note of education to those that need to know:

Windy Welsh roads and thin-wall tall cut slicks do NOT make for good handling. The back was wobbling around like a fish :?
hot66

Post by hot66 »

please tell me the Prius is your mates :shock:
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
kevster
Married to the DDK

Post by kevster »

That is definitely annoying - its obviously 'bad parking' month...

I had a '68 cal look a long time ago with blended in wings, polished fuchs and no bumpers and someone did exactly that to me once, cracked one of the wings too where it was blended to the body.

Just need to believe in karma and rest assured they will get their payback :lol:

just noticed the prius has DY in the no. plate and you're in Wales - schoolboy snigger :wink:
'74 silver 914 2.0 US import
'91 944 S2 cab
renault scenic dci
trek Y22 OCLV FS
GT dyno deuce cruiser
sarasota cruiser
not enough toys - too little time...
moggy
DDK rules my life!

Post by moggy »

hot66 wrote:please tell me the Prius is your mates :shock:
and what's wrong with Milk-floats??? :wink: Fastest milk-float in the west :lol: Seriously though, it's the best business car I've had (and I've had lots) comfortable, practical and extremely cheap to run. Basically it saves me 3.5K a year on company car tax et 'al, which basically is my rally budget each year. So Prius = rallying :P can't put it any clearer than that.

My mates just emailed me some more piccies:

The cockpit...

This is the view the GTR bloke got :lol:

and the view that probably would have gone some way to explaining his embarrassment...

hot66

Post by hot66 »

at least we know you're offsetting the Priius with this carbon postitive program ..... in your case all is almost forgiven ;) :lol: :lol:

You've had this bug for a fair while now ? I remember it well from my old VW days.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
moggy
DDK rules my life!

Post by moggy »

You could say I've had it for a while......since I was 16 mate :lol: (some 20 years :shock: ) that little scamp in the pics (my son) will probably inherit the car when he's older. Maybe with a milder engine in for the first few years. He's already calling it HIS Beetle :roll: