Moderator: Bootsy

guy_spyder550
DDK Fanatic

Tygan gone for good?

Post by guy_spyder550 »

mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Suprise suprise, i'm sure alot of people have been expecting it with there past history.
nickh
DDK Newbie

Tygon gone for good

Post by nickh »

Tygon gone for good? - I hope not for all those builders with part completed kits out there like myself, as well as for the employees who have lost their jobs.

I dont think the decision to concentrate on turn key cars in the current economic climate was one of their better decisions and must have made the cash flow situation worse. However, if the total lack of service that i experienced was common place then they are partly to blame themselves.

Having waited 6 months last year for a bracket (for locating the engine lid latch) that was originally ommitted from my Chesil kit and having being fobbed off by Tygon on a monthly basis that they couldnt get the parts, a friendly local Chesil owner was kind enough to lend me his own bracket and as a result i've had a small batch made up myself.

If any fellow Chesil owners are in the same situation and are missing the bracket please let me know as i should be able to help out
Nick The Rat
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

pm sent nick
904GTS
Married to the DDK

Post by 904GTS »

Not surprising given some of the feedback I have had from people trying to get parts from them.

We still produce Speedster kits ( probably the last UK manufacturer left ? ) although we are very busy with 904s at the moment. We stock some parts and can get most things you might need.

Barrie
www.904GTS.com
www.technic-motorsport.com

Factory built Safari 2.7 RS
Too many projects not enough time !
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

Barrie do you think there would be more demand for the Coupe kit in the future ?? only as some of the values of A's have gone mad I oftern think of a Rep A I can take out any time.. just a thought that these might be more popular in the future

Lotto ticket still trying mate .... for a 904.. have to have one of those if I win.. 8)

as for this company going bust It's a huge concern to run if it's at the place I went to and with it being a very narrow market to sell to any market shifts will affect them hard. Sorry to hear them go but also it's a lot of money for what is a Kit car..shame.
904GTS
Married to the DDK

Post by 904GTS »

Although it seemed like a good idea at the time and it does make a nice car ( remember Phil's outlaw ? ) the time, effort and money involved is probably approaching that of a self restored original, but without the resale value - again remember how Phil struggled to sell his. Building any kit is no longer a budget venture like it used to be, it's surprising how the price of parts etc have gone up, I've just priced up a reconditioned standard 1600 VW with new tinware etc and it's easily £2k by the time it's ready to bolt in, a 150hp 2 litre Type 1 from John Maher is £6500.

I did have thoughts of dropping a shell ( Coupe and/or Speedster ) onto a shortened Targa ( Impact bumper of course !) but have far too many other things to do first.
www.904GTS.com
www.technic-motorsport.com

Factory built Safari 2.7 RS
Too many projects not enough time !
Nick Moss

Post by Nick Moss »

904GTS wrote:I did have thoughts of dropping a shell ( Coupe and/or Speedster ) onto a shortened Targa ( Impact bumper of course !) but have far too many other things to do first.
I will have a RHD Targa shell available soon if you need something to work on. Would trade for a 904 shell/chassis :lol:
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
912uk

Post by 912uk »

:lol: seams a fair swap :lol:
fishlegs
DDK Newbie

Post by fishlegs »

Although it seemed like a good idea at the time and it does make a nice car ( remember Phil's outlaw ? ) the time, effort and money involved is probably approaching that of a self restored original, but without the resale value - again remember how Phil struggled to sell his.
I thought it was a good idea but I would as I bought Phil's car :wink:

It appealed to me as I will end up with an uberkool car that I can drive everyday without worrying about rust or feeling guilty about modifying a piece of rolling history (not that I could afford a real one anyway!)

Its just taking me a bit longer than I thought to get it the way I want it :?
356 carrera rep
75 bay
912uk

Post by 912uk »

I think you need to post up a pic we have not seen the car in ages what's changed..

I think it's abit of the future when coupe's go mad on price ..
shambly
DDK slapper chatter

Post by shambly »

DDK addict

Chesil

Post by 356 »

What does that mean ?

is chesil coming back again Peter Bailey

Im starting to get confussed with the whole issue
shambly
DDK slapper chatter

CHESIL REBORN!

Post by shambly »

(statement from my other club's website - speedsters.com)

Chesil Reborn - Peter Bailey has completed negotiations with the Tygan receivers and will be re-starting Chesil production at The Old Barn, Cogden, Dorset, DT5 4RN. Turn-key cars and kits will be available, ordered direct from the factory. Spare parts and assemblies can also be obtained by existing customers. There will be a press launch in 'Complete Kit Car' magazine, a new website is under preparation and it is hoped to have stand space at the Stoneleigh show. Current owners of Chesil and Tygan cars and kits can be reassured that Peter will do his best to supply their every need. The original Chesil phone number at The Old Barn is being re-activated (01308 897072) but it may take a few days to achieve that, so callers should be patient.