Kids at CLM

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Kids at CLM

Post by rvzz »

Hi all,
Taking my son along to CLM ?
As I am now not able to 'do' CLM in my speedster (long story) , I will now be going in my vw camper . As I've now got plenty of room and two sets of tickets my 12 year old lad is keen to come along. He is used to camping trips in the lakes etc. however I'm not sure if it's the right sort of event for kids . He has more than a passing interest in the cars and has been to car events before, but not a long weekend like this. Is anyone else taking their kids ? opinions from CLM veterans welcome.
ta .......Russ
fourteener
DDK rules my life!

Post by fourteener »

yes, this will be my boys 2nd CLM. He's 9 and loved it last time, I'm sure your Lad will really enjoy the adventure :)
James.

914-6 facsimile
rebuild your 911 tensioners
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

He'll love it.
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

By that age he should be fine 8) My son is only 6 and whilst I want him to enjoy the experience, he wouldn't last half way through the first day without flaking out!
mrg3.6
DDK rules my life!

Kids

Post by mrg3.6 »

I took my son camping at the main Le Mans two years ago when he was 8 and he (and oddly my wife) had a great time with plenty to keep him occupied and he has been bugging me to go back ever since.
The only downside being his complete refusal (despite bribes & threats) to use the toilets :pottytrain5: - I guess it's a British thing :oops:

Martin
Nick Moss
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Nick Moss »

The only downside being his complete refusal (despite bribes & threats) to use the toilets
Can you blame him?
Nick Moss - early911.co.uk - Fuchs refurbishment
07980 017994
nick@early911.co.uk
porkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

kids @CLM

Post by porkey »

Hi Russ.
I'm taking my 13 year old son, I took him to the IOM TT last year and he thoroughly enjoyed it, he takes his sony PSP which keeps him occupied if it gets a bit quiet. :)
My dad took me along to Mallory park in the early 70's, its where I saw my first 911, the great Giacomo Agostini driving though the paddock after the racing.
cheers Mike.
yppah-liat
58A - 71E
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by 58A - 71E »

Yep, I'll be taking my son and he'll be only 13 months old :shock: I'm personally really looking forward to him causing chaos in the paddock area :roll: - should be just like being at home 'helping' :wink: Daddy in the garage
(oh and I suppose I should say we are bringing 'babysitters' - sorry grandparents, too, in case he gets bored!) :lol:
James

'58 356A 1600n
'71 911E 2,2

Ian Donkin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian Donkin »

Our son's coming too and he's not quite 5 months old yet!

We've bought him some ear defenders to keep him happy as (so far) he doesn't like the soundtrack that accompanies these type of events - both at Brands Hatch for the HSCC / Masters in May and the double twelve event at Brooklands this weekend, he displayed a very strong dislike for the sounds coming from F1 machinery at full chat.

And he's yet to sample the back of Charlotte's car...
2006 RHD 997 Carrera (but DDK remains in my heart - also now no longer)
1972 LHD 2.4T with '73 2.4T CIS motor - gone to a new DDK home
1994 RHD 993 Carrera - gone!
1968 LHD 911L - was the Wife's but now in new hands :-(

rvzz
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rvzz »

Thanks for the replys chaps , looks like the 'little sweatheart' will be coming along . By the way, is it still legal to beat your kids on the continent ? only kiding .
Off to do some packing now... I can almost smell the ham and cheese baggettes...... see you there...
thanks ........... Russ
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Since we're discussing kids at CLM - I have 3 DDK CLM Kiddies size t Shirts for grabs (suit 4-7 year olds at a guess!)

Let me know if you want me to bring them
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk